A great afternoon was had by all at the Stingrays Christmas party at Niagara Park Stadium this Saturday. Thanks to everyone for bringing treats and goodies for the after play feast!
Fun time on Land
On arrival at the Niagara Park Stadium, all swimmers were treated to a few hours of land activities:
- The Foam pit of Doom – some say it’s 3 metres deep, others tell me it’s much, much deeper! – A lot of jumping in the pit ensued to both discover how deep it was and also (possibly) to retrieve previous jumpers or treasures …
- The Big Trampolines – a place for high jumping and dare-devil front flips, back flips and side flips – any acrobatic move to produce that feeling of wings!
- Mini Trampoline – situated on the side of the big trampoline… this was the place to hone skills and dare friends to new and inventive moves.
- Ball games, Wheel chair basket ball and lots of running around…
After all the running around, the swimmers returned to the presentation room with big appetites. Eyes glazed over as they approached the tables laden with goodies; pies, cakes, drinks, fruit, chips … scrumptious delicacies, all begging to be eaten!
Presentation of Awards
Coaches Ian and Nerida and our Club President Greg presented awards for:
- Performing well in races
- Achieving personal best times
- Acquiring most points on club nights
- Representing Gosford Stingrays at Country level …
There were many awards to give out and much clapping from everyone …
Gosford Stingrays – Awards Ceremony Summer 2014
Well done to all the swimmers – you can ALL be ever so proud!
The Club Secretary Jane received a special treat for her fabulous work throughout the year, and I have to say I was taken by surprise when I received a treat too – thank you all 🙂
Big thanks go to our amazing Coaches, Ian and Nerida – who do outstanding work with all the swimmers!
Thank you to everyone who helps make Gosford Stingrays such a fun and great swimming club: Our President Greg, all the Committee members, Time-keepers, Marshalling helpers, Super Starter Tony, 25m pool helpers, and of course our celebrity racer Lexie 🙂
Don’t forget your pyjamas for the novelty races this Friday… and Parents – the 50 metre dash in clothes is ON 🙂